Me monster. An itemized list.

About a year ago, putting a list of things about yourself on your blog was the big thing. In typical Amy style, I'm getting to the party a little late, but here it is:

1. I have the bladder of a humming bird. Seriously. I have to pee all the time. And that's not just when I'm pregnant.
2. I was a hypochondriac as a child. When I was little, if I ever read a book that had a character with some strange disease I was scared I'd get it. My two favorite diseases to worry about were leukemia and leprosy. Yes. Leprosy. I made a blog post about it.
3. Sometimes I hum as I fall asleep.
4. I think my husband's laugh sounds like audible dark chocolate.
5. I love dark chocolate.
6. I often compare different types of music to food. Mozart sounds like a really good French pastry. Beethoven sounds like anything flavored with cinnamon. Brahms sounds like bread. Good heavy bread. And Katy Perry sounds like... pink vomit.
7. If I could have done anything else as a career I would have been a dancer (ballet or modern).
8. Even though sometimes I am too serious, I find the most un-funny things funny and laugh at inappropriate times. Usually in a crowd of people who would be appalled at someone laughing.
9. I have a hard time sitting still in a chair for more than about twenty minutes.
10. I love penguins. Their little waddle-y walk just makes me want to scoop them up and hug them. When I see them my inner psyche turns into a squealing clapping two year old at Disney Land.
11. When someone tells me what to do, my first response (in my head of course) is always "you're not the boss of me!"
12. I love dill pickles, I crave them regularly. Claussen to be specific.
13. I love running. I think about it a lot. Love it, love it, love it.
14.I love to sing. When my voice is in good shape, there is almost nothing in the world I'd rather be doing.
15. I have impaired depth perception (I had it tested). I think that is why I'm so accident prone and not that great at team sports. When they say "focus on the ball" I break out my GPS.
16. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and I love being a 'Mormon'. I just have a problem with the distinction Utah Mormon
17. My greatest desire is for my marriage to be the most rockin-est ever.
18. My marriage is the most rockin-est ever. Most of the time ;)
19. I have two steel plates in my arm, I guess I didn't need a separate line to say I'm very accident prone.
20. I learned the guitar to get a job teaching Jr. High. It helped me rehabilitate my broken arm, for which I am very grateful. I'll just leave it at that.
21. Ok, maybe I won't. Teaching guitar in Jr. High is probably equivalent to Dante's Inferno. Third circle at least.
22. I like brushing my teeth, but I love brushing my teeth in the shower.
23. January and I are not friends. I try to be friends every year, but by the middle of the month I come to the same conclusion. January, you'll never be as cool as June, but least you aren't February. That month really stinks.
24. I like lists. They make me feel like I've really got things together.
25. Running to me is like peach schnapps to Elaine on Seinfeld. I'll pretty much tell you anything you want to know if you go on a long run with me. I can't keep secrets while I'm running.

Incidentally, here is where I got the name "Me Monster". Brian Regan is hilarious.

Comments

Pam Baumeister said…
I didn't know you had depth perception problems! That explains a lot.

I like you.

Also, I like Brian Regan. A lot.

Popular Posts