Pregnosaur


Ok, so here's the real reason that the biking-across-Africa idea went nowhere. We were going to seriously contemplate it, seriously. Sure we were trying to have kids, but we were pretty sure it was going to take a while. Then, two days later, we found out I was pregnant. Yup. Believe it or not. Well, you should believe it because I have to eat every two hours and my jeans are not so comfy anymore. It also explains why hunger is no longer an inconvenience, it's a out right emergency. If I don't get some kind of food within 15 minutes or so I become this:


I think it's the closest I'll come to being a werewolf (did I just score some points with Twilight fans?) the transformation is real my friends, very real. Other than always having to have snacks nearby however, I count myself very lucky. I only came close to ralphing when I had to smell some questionable food from the fridge for my smelling-impaired husband and when I caught a wiff of a VERY RANK jr. high student. My sense of smell is pretty super-sonic which makes teaching in Jr. High a little more exciting, but compared to my very ill pregnant friends I'll take that any day. I'm due in June, till then keep snacks handy. Rar.




Comments

Joel said…
Holy crap! That is awesome!
We just found out that we're having a girl. Congratulations!
ash said…
Yay!!!! Congrats you guys:) we are so excited for you! Good luck with the snacking...I'd like to tell you it wears off after awhile but it doesn't!
Emilia said…
Congratulations!!! And by the way...June is a fantastic birthday month. I'm highly fond of it. :)
Rebecka said…
Oh yea Amy!! That's awesome! Congratulations! You're gonna be the cutest pregnant lady ever! And one amazing mom.
theriddle said…
WHat wonderful news! I'm so happy for you both!
Rob said…
Congratulations! That is awesome. You two are going to do great! Any name ideas? I was thinking maybe Harold for a boy and Jamima Haroldine if its a girl. I thought long and hard about both of those.
Unknown said…
Amy, CONGRATULATIONS! I love reading your blog, because you make me laugh, but this one made me so happy. You are going to be a great mom. Really, congrats.
WAHOOOOOO!!!! Oh we are so very excited for you! You will be superb parental figures.
katherine said…
yea!!! congrats you guys!!! we think of you often and miss you!!! hope you are well, happy baby to you!! YEA, WAHOOOOO!!!

Popular Posts