ευγνωμοσύνη





The title is Greek, but if you've followed my titles this month I bet you can figure out what it means.
Today I am grateful for silliness and joy. I'm especially grateful for the people in my life who exude those two qualities. I was teaching voice lessons two days ago and noticed we needed a music stand. My student rushed out to find one, raising her fist and yelling "Adventure!" as if she were on a quest for the holy grail. When she returned from her quest (successful, I might add) she mentioned that she likes to make everyday things seem either grandiose or ridiculous because it makes it more fun. That totally made my day (I love high school students, by the way). Sometimes life can by &*%$-y and the more joy we can see, create, and relish, the better. So thank you, all you joyful, silly people in my life. Thanks for brightening my day.

Comments

Meesh said…
those are some freakin awesome pics! To a sister that puts the bomp in the bomp shu bomp.

Love you, Am!
Pam Baumeister said…
Adventure! Love the idea of making everyday things/events seem adventurous and wildly exciting. :) Ditto on what Michelle said.

Popular Posts