The weekend

I have to admitt, I'm kind of bummed no-one is commenting on my blog. Come on guys. You know that's why I do this in the first place. I need the attention. Ok I'm only half kidding. This weekend was A to the W to the E-S-O-M-E. I met one of my personal heros, Dick Hoyt, at the Boston Marathon expo.

I was seriously star struck. While I was saying:
"You have really inspired me" I was thinking:
"Could you be my Grandpa? Is it too soon to start coming over every Sunday for dinner?"
Seriously, this man is amazing. If you don't know who he is, feast your peepers on this bio:



Wow. I mean, wow. Team Hoyt has done over 60 marathons and 6 Ironman triathlons and countless other races. I don't know what else to day. That man is amazing. So who are your heroes?

Comments

Kate's Kingdom said…
Amy,

It is about 9:00 PM MDT here in Utah and we just watched your link to Rick Hoyt and the courage he has in pursuing his dream--even with serious disabilities. Way to go Amy! Your Dad was touched when you told him about his influence on your interest in running. He's still doing it so that is a good thing. Perhaps you can both run along together when you next see each other. Wouldn't that be fun? Mom & Dad
Kate's Kingdom said…
Spring is coming. We can feel it, even though we don't see sunny days often. It reminds me of spring in the east this year. Today we walked up to the holding ponds/tanks for P.G. We could see fresh snow up on Timp. I've heard there is over 600 inches at Alta and Snowbird. That's a lot of snow to melt and come down as water to the valley. Those who monitor these things are watching very closely the melt times and precipitation so that major flooding--a real possibility-- doesn't catch us unprepared. Still, where we are we are enjoying the fruit trees in bloom, the forsythia, tulips and daffodils. Have a great week!
MOM
Kate said…
a hero of mine as well. i was amazed when they ran by me during the boston last year. so cool, and great pic:)
Joel said…
I think I killed my first toenail during my run on Saturday. If it falls off. I'll be sure to post pics on my blog.
The Kyles said…
Ooo. I'm psyched for the gross toenail pics. Joel, did you ever get a pair of Vibrams?

Popular Posts