Eric Clapton signed my guitar!!!




....In my dream last night. I have pretty trippy dreams but this one was so great that I proceeded to tell everyone in the rest of my dreams about that dream. Let me set the stage: I had just been hired to a small opera/theatre company and we were having a party. Someone started singing an Eric Clapton song and out of the middle of the crowd emerged... the guitar god himself ERIC CLAPTON. He didn't look so great, a little heavier and stodgier than I remembered him on TV, but it was definitely him. He said that they shouldn't be singing his songs because they were his songs. So, I can fly in my dreams, but evidently my subconscious won't allow me to violate copyright law. So he got on stage and sang a few things and I was thinking;
"Oh my gosh, this is the only chance I'll ever get to have Eric Clapton sign my guitar" I'm embarrassed to say I have no idea if he sang "Willie and the Hand Jive" or not I was too occupied (in my dream) thinking of what I was going to say to him and figuring out how I was going to get my hands on a permanent marker.
I finally found a Sharpie (that was an adventure in itself) and got the words;
"Excuse me Mr. Clapton, could you possibly sign my guitar?" out when he was in earshot, just about to sit down with the rest of the cast of the opera company, you know, like you do when you are a music legend and all that.
"Yeah, sure if that's what you're into" (not sure what that was supposed to mean, but I'm pretty sure it was "I am the very definition of cool and I will deign to reach down and allow a drop of hipness to land on your guitar because, well, I'm so incredibly awesome")
I then proceeded to brag to the purple dragons and 3rd grade teachers in my subsequent dreams that Eric Clapton signed my guitar. Mr. Slowhand himself!
They all acted very impressed.

Comments

jon and em said…
You make me laugh so hard!!

Jon just called me 'your biggest fan' and I think it's true.

I'll get off the computer now, and call you:)
Thanks for a fun dinner and thanks for letting Lyla tag-along! You guys are awesome! Let's do it again soon! Oh... and I love that Eric signed your guitar. Maybe he'll come over tonight and visit me.

Popular Posts