Europe next week? Why not?

What a delightful thing to have to suddenly go to Europe! Jeff's job brings us to Amsterdam next week. I have no complaints about this last minute trip to two fascinating places I've never been to. I know very little about the Amsterdam, but it looks like it has a lot to offer. Here are some random facts:
*There are 18 million bikes in the Netherlands and 16 million people (that means we'll fit in)
*Amsterdam is known for its diamonds
*Dutch people are the tallest in all of Europe
*The Netherlands has over 4,000 navigable canals. So it's like Venice, only colder, with more bikes and a different language is spoken and they dress differently and the houses look nothing like Venice. So essentially, nothing alike except the canals.
When we return, I'm sure I'll have more fascinating things to say about the place, but to be honest, visiting Amsterdam never really occured to me before. Learning about it, it seems like a beautiful, fascinating place however. The more I learn, the more I'm excited to rent a bike and explore the streets while my poor sweetie is in conference meetings all day.

Paris, on the other hand, holds quite a few places I've been dying to see for some time now. I won't go through the list, as I'm sure most people have a similar one. I'll just say that I find French incredibly sexy and I'm excited to learn a bit and hear Jeff speak it as well.




As you can see, Notre Dame is on the top of the list. We only have a few days, so we have to be selective which, in a place like Paris, is rather hard. Other than Notre Dame, we both want to see:
* The Louvre; you could get lost in there for days, but we are going to save that for another trip and focus on a few paintings and sculptures that won't take up our entire time in Paris
* Saint Chapelle; When I saw the pictures of the inside of this church I fell in love. The stained glass looks amazing even on a website.
*The Eiffel Tower. I don't care how touristy it is, we've got to go
* As many pastry shops as is humanly possible. That's right, the sky, and our stomach's capacity is the limit.
* As many cute little boutique clothing shops off the beaten track as Jeff will let me got to.


There you have it. Our tickets are purchased, our minds are already in Europe, our passports are readily available, and we've only got a few days till take-off! I can handle this kind of last minute planning any day.

Comments

Juliann said…
How exciting! You will have a blast and I can't wait to read/hear about it when you get back!
KT said…
HAVE FUN!!! Seriously, have fun. :-)

Popular Posts