Luck O" the Irish


Have you ever known anyone that you wished you were related to so you'd have an excuse to be in their lives forever? This is how I feel about the Jacques family. After yet another fabulous meal (and rather entertaining I must say) on St. Paddy's day we settled down and watched one of the cheesiest and yet strangely engaging musicals titled "Finian's Rainbow" (Jeff, however was not engaged). Honestly though, Fred Astaire with an Irish accent can redeem nearly any movie for me. Back to the Jacques and how fabulous they are. Their daughter Lis and I met in a singles ward way back when and then lost touch. Serendipitously (I just knew I could use that in a sentance!!!) we crossed paths again in my last singles ward before Jeff and I got married. My parents were on a mission in Germany at the time and I spent many a happy Sunday evening with the Jacques family; my "surrogate" family while my parents were off galavanting through Heidelburg. I don't know if I have ever laughed so many times with the same group of people (besides my own family) as I do with this family. One of my favorite things is that I get to used big words and I know they will know what they mean and won't think I'm being pedantic. That, my friends, is hard to find. (I'll be talking more about the big word thing in an upcoming blog - I know you can hardly wait). When Jeff and I got married he was welcomed into this surrogate family as well and Jeff and Bruce keep each other on their toes with their witty banter. Well, I could ramble on and on about the whole family, but what I can conclude on this St. Patrick's day is that having great people like Lis and her family in my life must mean I have the "Luck O' the Irish" on my side. Happy St. Paddy's day!

Amy

Comments

Popular Posts